Futurism is a digital media publication that covers the breakthrough technologies and scientific discoveries that will shape humanity’s future. Our mission is to empower our readers and drive the development of these transformative technologies towards maximizing human potential. Futurism reaches over seven million unique readers and garners over 150m views on Facebook per month, making it one of the largest digital science and technology publishers, full stop.
Futurism is looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our Finance/Accounting team based in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn. The role will focus on facilitating the day to day accounts payable function, helping manage day-to-day invoice processing, and maintaining good relationships with business partners. This role plays a key part in spend control and evolving business needs and changes.
• Efficiently process accounts payable-enter invoices, process expense reports, and credit card transactions into accounting software, a critical function within the finance process
• Facilitate internal authorization of invoices
• Ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes
• Responsible for the maintenance of vendor accounts and vendor account reconciliation
• Research and resolve account discrepancies
• Responsible for bank, ledger, and credit card reconciliations
• 1099 reporting and maintenance of W-9 forms.
• 1-2 years of relevant accounting/finance experience
• BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance required
• Strong analytical skills
• Highly organized team player
• Responsible, diligent and attentive to detail; follows through on queries and issues
• Excellent verbal and written communicational skills, comfortable to deal with both internal and external parties, clients and suppliers
• Proficiency with MS Office, mainly Excel, Word and Google Drive. Knowledge of QuickBooks Online and Bill.com is a plus
Futurism is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.