Futurism is a digital media company that covers the breakthrough science and technology that
will shape the future of humanity.
Futurism is seeking an experienced senior accountant to join our growing team. You will be
responsible for performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial reports, and preparing
and analyzing budgets. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated knowledge
of technical and operational accounting and finance functions are a must.
Senior Accountant Duties and Responsibilities:
● Prepare consolidated financial statements by analyzing information from the
general ledger system and department heads.
● Manage balance sheet accounts such as inventory, work in progress, and others.
● Prepare month-end general ledger entries.
● Request disbursements and reconcile accounts.
● Analyze and enforce current procedures to recommend changes and develop best
practice accounting procedures.
● Manage and oversee the implementation of an expense management platform.
● Prepare quarterly variance analysis from budget to actuals.
● Run monthly w2 and 1099 payroll
● Oversee the annual tax return and annual CPA review process.
● Ad-hoc financial modeling, analysis, and reconciliations as needed.
Senior Accountant Requirements and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred, CPA a plus
● Knowledge of GAAP
● 3-5 years of accounting experience
● E-commerce and/or media experience a plus
● Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
● Vendor, banking, and customer reconciliations experience
● Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
Futurism is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.