Social Video Producer
Futurism is a digital media publication that covers the breakthrough technologies and scientific discoveries that will shape humanity’s future. Our mission is to empower our readers and drive the development of these transformative technologies towards maximizing human potential. Futurism reaches over 7m unique readers and garners over 150m views on Facebook per month, making it one of the largest science and technology sites on the web.
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative and resourceful video journalists who can create compelling social videos for any and all of our social pages, including Futurism and sub-brands Explorist, and Virtuality (VR/AR).
Must be native to the digital and pop cultural landscape, with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. Must love to experiment and adapt to the constantly changing needs of social. Focuses on whatever works according to each platform. The ideal candidate has a strong background in video editing and genuinely believes the internet and social media is a place to explore ideas and communicate with other like-minded individuals.
- Write, edit, and produce videos for any one of Futurism’s social pages (Futurism, Explorist, Virtuality)
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge of the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense of how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
- A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
- Make creative, fun, and social-driven videos that people will like and share across our platforms
- Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types
- Keep track of viral trends, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work
- Will report to V.P. of Content and Distribution
- 2+ years of experience with video production, using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop) and/or Final Cut Pro + Motion
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet is a must.
- A scrappy competitive drive: you enjoy winning, and really going for it, no matter what tools you are provided with Organized with your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
- Ability to work on your own as, well as in small teams
- Excellent written and communication skills